TCV is Hiring!
Operations and Communications Manager
Tennessee Conservation Voters (TCV) and its sister education organization TCV Education Fund (TCVEF) are a coalition of state conservation groups and individuals dedicated to raising voter awareness, advocating for stronger laws, and holding our elected leaders accountable for safeguarding the environment of Tennessee.
TCV is seeking a highly organized self-starter with a passion for environmental conservation. The Operations and Communications Manager is responsible for coordinating with TCV’s lobbyist, board of directors, and coalition partners to support fundraising and environmental advocacy efforts across the state of Tennessee. Please note this is a remote position (20 hours per week) with the expectation of occasional travel to events and meetings in Nashville, TN.
- Provide communications and logistical support to TCV and TCVEF’s boards of directors and committees.
- Work closely with TCV’s lobbyist to develop and design content for weekly legislative updates and annual legislative scorecard
- Serve as the first point of contact for the organization.
- Coordinate fundraising and other development activities for TCV and TCVEF.
- Manage administrative tasks, including tracking donations using EveryAction software.
- Design, develop, and disseminate monthly newsletter and social media content.
- Coordinate event logistics for TCV’s annual fundraiser, Nature Votes, and volunteer events (e.g. “Mailing Parties”).
- Coordinate with coalition partner organizations to plan events, trainings, and political actions.
- Hire, train, and oversee 1-2 student interns per semester.
- Ensure the organization maintains compliance with legal and regulatory requirements related to 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations.
- Familiarity with state-level political processes.
- Experience using CRM software like EveryAction.
- Experience managing social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook).
- Knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft office.
- Experience with event coordination.
- Excellent writing skills; ability to write in various styles for diverse audiences.
- Basic experience with graphic design preferred.
- Highly organized; attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork capabilities, ability to develop strong, trust-based relationships.
- Self-starter, can take initiative and work independently with minimal guidance.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and three references to Barbara Futter at [email protected]. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. Please note this is a remote position.
Additionally, we know that environmental injustice disproportionately impacts people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ+ folks. As such, we believe that these communities must have leadership and influence in the work we do. We encourage applicants from various backgrounds to apply.